Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CLEARVIEW HIGH SCHOOL







As I mentioned before, I spent most of my high-school years at Clearview, although most of the kids I grew up with went to Admiral King.


Clearview was okay-I wasn't in the mood to conform with anyone's ideas as to who I should be, except my own. You had your typical mix of kids, the Breakfast Club would've been right at home there, even in '74. I was a blend of Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall, and Ally Sheedy.


I enjoyed some of my classes, and got along with some of the students and staff. I loved my junior English class, taught by a fantastic woman named Ms. Darcy, who passed away a few years ago. She (indeed, all the teachers I liked) made the subject interesting, and they took me (everyone) on a day-to-day basis, rather than just deciding we were "rotten kids".


I could've done a lot better, but I just wasn't interested....I suppose I was a mess. I was getting high by then, not all the time, and I don't recall ever coming to school high, but I had that "F%$# IT" mindset going full blast then.


I quit school two weeks before graduation-I wasn't graduating anyhow, as I generally did nothng in class but talk, and I'd been suspended twenty-three times that year.


I got my GED in 1990.

Kids....don't try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment