Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DEFENESTRATING THE HOMETOWN

For the baffled, the big word at the beginning means, "the act of throwing something out of a window".
     After all, it's what we've done. It took over forty years, but now Lorain is as soulless as that morning fish-wrap some of you still pay for the dubious privilege of reading.

     Thank Jehovah I'm not there-I'd probably be dropping quarters into a slot at the Nord Center.
I'm not blameless....I could' ve stayed, and fought the rot, at least dropped a few dimes on the crack dealers, but my head was unraveling like a cheap sweater at the time, so I left, and became just another Cleveland Cadaver.

     Now, the sub-human purveyors of poison both pharmaceutical  and auditory have taken over the streets I used to lovingly wander, while much of the populace lock-skips to work, chanting the mantra,
     "BEDROOM COMMUNITY OF CLEVELAND, YAY! BEDROOM COMMUNITY OF CLEVELAND, YAY!"

     Would that our town were haunted, that her ghosts might rise in a congregational scream of outrage, and frighten away all the pimps of so-called "progress".

     That's all, move on....nothing to see here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there's PROGRESS....there's now a summertime orgy on the riverfront every year.
    Bring the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete