Friday, November 4, 2011

SATURDAY MORNING





To this day, I watch Saturday morning cartoons, often sitting in my underwear, having breakfast.


Habit, I guess. Still, "Dragonball Z" and "Yu-Gi-Oh" just don't compare with the thrill of watching those first adventure cartoons, back in '66....




I'd never seen anything like them, except for "Jonny Quest", my favorite cartoon show.

Here were new shows




cheek by jowl with old favorites, brought to animated life




Add a bowl of instant Cream of Wheat, and it's magic.

What better way to spend Saturday morning?


The cartoons now are bland, with far too much talking; probably cheaper to animate.

Still, Saturday morning, there's my wife and I, in front of the tube, having breakfast, watching cartoons, in our undies.


Holding hands....and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment