Friday, September 2, 2011

ADMIRAL KING







Right off the bat, I'm sure there's folks who'd disagree with me, and they're more than welcome.


Here it is....


ADMIRAL KING WAS THE COOLEST HIGH SCHOOL IN LORAIN.


Now, I went to Clearview for most of my high school time, and I STILL thought that AKHS was the coolest.


I guess it's just a "me" thing.

Perhaps.


Most of the kids I went to grade school and junior high with ended up at King, so that's gotta be part of it. I was a King student myself, from November of '71 to May of '72, when the fine folks at Children's Services decided I needed some more time away from home, and sent me to Hawthorne Hills School, mentioned previously.


King, at the time, was THE place to be-if you were into all the things the youth movement was going to bring about, if you were tired of kowtowing to the Man, if you were a young, ignorant, selfish, arrogant, overaged brat who wanted to eat, sleep, drink, smoke, and f___his way through life, King was where it was at.


Don't get me wrong....there were hard-working , level-headed students there, too-we just didn't notice them....at least, I didn't.


The food was good, too....they had a speedline, that always had burgers and fries, which made perfect sense to me. Most everyone I knew there were kids I'd known since first grade, and they thought I was okay, rather than the attitude I got from other students at Clearview.


I loved the place, perhaps for the wrong reasons, but I felt at home there....a rarity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment