Friday, April 13, 2012

AUNT GLENNA













I Googled my Aunt Glenna recently, and ran across an article about her










She was a professional photographer, often doing publicity shots and album cover photos for people like Dean Martin, Hal Holbrook, and many others.










I haven't seen my aunt in nearly thirty years, as she tends to keep to herself, family-wise. I last heard from her about eight years ago, when she answered a letter I wrote to her.








I remember how exciting it was, when she'd come to visit back in the 60's, driving to Cleveland Hopkins Airport to pick her up, and the fun we'd have while she was with us, particularly at Christmas, when she brought the coolest presents-one year, she gave me a dart gun shooting gallery, with targets that spun and made noises when you wound it up.


Over the years, her visits became less frequent.

I've left her her privacy, as I understand the need.


1 comment:

  1. Aunt Glenna would have been ninety-seven today; I wonder what she would have to say about everything.

    ReplyDelete