Wednesday, December 22, 2010

GIFTS OF THE SEASON







I just finished spending almost three weeks laid up with an infected foot....I was stuck in the apartment because I couldn't walk, and there was no way to get the wheelchair downstairs. So, I had a lot of time by myself, and a lot of time to think.
I'm blessed...sometimes, I can't believe it. Here I am, turning fifty-five tomorrow, unemployed, overweight, uglier than an Adam Sandler film festival, but I know I'm blessed. I have the love of my Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus, and His promise of eternal salvation. If you don't have it, look into it; it's real, and we're not making it up.
If I died today, I could still say that I'd lived a full, eventful life, not always happy, pain free, or even free, but still there's not much I'd change. My family loves me, I've learned, taught, taken, recieved, loved, and are loved.
One special woman has chosen to spend her life with me....that was one of those things that I really didn't know how important that was to me until it, until she, was there. She loves ME, the Caliban of the NorthCoast, the clown, the joke....now, we're laughing together.
To everyone, Merry Christmas, and may your gifts be as special to you as mine are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment