Monday, January 10, 2011

STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN



Everyone has them...those events that just can't be explained, at least with the tools we have at hand. I've mentioned some of them before, and here are a few more....


My mother once got a phone call from an aunt of hers a month after the woman died.


My friend Dave and I once watched a man, in broad daylight, come down a woodland trail towards us, and vanish before our eyes.


My brother Mike had a 500 pound motor stolen from him, while it sat in the middle of a dusty yard, without making any noise, or leaving any tracks.


I once passed a man I knew on Broadway, walking, and as I came abreast of him, I got the strong scent of burned hair and flesh...I found out when I got home he'd been killed in a fire that morning.


I got a very enigmatic letter from a girl I'd known a couple of years previous...the strange thing was, the letter wasn't delivered to me, but to a friend I didn't even know when I knew her.
My cousin Pat and I once sat out on the breakwall at Lakeview Park, about three in the morning, and watched a glowing fogbank glide past us....against the wind.
I was at Library Park one afternoon with my nephew, Mike Jr., who was two at the time. I had climbed up the monkey bars with him holding onto my back, and was just going to slide down one of the bars in the middle when I felt him let go....the next thing I knew, I'd somehow managed to flip myself upside down, with my knees wrapped around the top of the bars, and I caught him before he hit the ground.
I'm sure there are explanations for things such as these....but what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment