Saturday, March 24, 2012

A MOMENT BRIEF, BUT SCARY







One Sunday, my buddy Tex and I decided to stroll up to the corner store, and cop some beer; we both ran tabs with the owner, which was cool, as we were broke.


When we got there, we found the lady in charge was gone, and the dude she left behind the counter wasn't studying anyone's tabs, and was even a bit fly about it. So, we split.


As we were leavin', we heard our names called from the house attached to the rear of the store. Sitting on the porch were the owner's two teenage daughters, seventeen and fifteen. They wanted to know if we had any weed....as it turned out, both Tex and I had about a dime each, plus the usual hardware.


They said they'd buy a nickel from us, which would more than cover a 12-pack of Miller, and run us up to Lakeview Park, as they were thinking about going there themselves. That was cool with us, although we decided to buy the brew at another store a few blocks away. We piled into their Dodge wagon, as Tex's ride was down, and left, Tex driving.


We get to the other store, and Tex gets out, going inside. The girls are up front, and I'm sittin' in the back, sufferin' through whatever crap G-98 was playin', when my Spider-sense starts to tingle.


I look to the rear, and sure enough, like a blue and white shark cruisin' over the reef, was a Lorain Police car, doin' that SLOOOOWWWW glide, y'know what I mean.


I'm thinkin' to myself, "Lessee.... I'm in a car, with two underage white girls, holdin' weed, and the cops are right behind us....I'm in a WORLD'a s#@^"


Just as I was about to stash my bag somewhere in the car, the Eagle Cab goes past, not even slowing down....


Sheer trip, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment