Thursday, August 19, 2010

CURMUDGEON-NESS



I was reflecting on being fifty-four, and the downsides thereof, when I hit upon a wonderful truth....I've legally been a curmudgeon for nearly four years.
Off the books, I've been one for much longer, but curmudgeon-ness really doesn't ripen, or get the respect it deserves, until fifty. Before that, you often get branded as simply being "snarky", or somesuch, especially by folks with lazy vocabularies, or the culturally sensitive.
Whatever.
I'm here, and I've been around long enough to have a slightly jaundiced eye about the State of Just About Everything, particularly Everything New. It's not a simple matter of being "behind the curve", or whatever diagnosis the current crop of pundits might spew; things REALLY suck.
I mean, teenage girls palpitating over fag vampires? Obama and Oprah as co-God? America being the catcher in a game of BOHICA* with the U.N.?
I love being a curmudgeon, especially as my Cause is Right.....take that, Prop 8 denyers!
* Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment